Event Training Tips
MAKE SURE YOU’RE READY FOR WALKWEST 2017!
- If you are taking part in one of the running categories, and are a beginner, we suggest you start a training program at least two months before the event. For our more experienced runners, you will probably need less preparation. See our example below.
- Jogging, walking, cycling and swimming are all good preparation.
- If you have existing health problems, we suggest you talk to your doctor before taking part.
MAKE SURE YOU’RE KITTED-OUT
- You’ll need comfortable footwear, suitable for walking on footpaths.
- We recommend comfortable active wear as the preferred attire.
Don’t forget to bring these things:
- Small/medium rucksack to carry water and snacks
- Filled water bottle
- Umbrella (Optional)