Log your KM
You can track your distances two ways:
- Via a fitness tracker or App
WalkWest VLC starts 10 November. Please note: all kilometres logged before November 10th will be removed once the event officially begins.
Your user dashboard includes your personal distance tally (default 42km) so you can track your distance towards your km target.
You can log your km manually through your dashboard by following the simple steps below:
Under ‘My Fitness Activity', enter the date and km you have walked/run.
The number of km will now appear on your page.
Using a fitness tracker or App
If you track your km with Fitbit, MapMyFitness or Strava your distances will automatically add to your tally. But first you’ll need to sync one of these apps to your dashboard.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
- Download the Fitbit, Strava or MapMyFitness app and set up your account
- Log in to your ‘WalkWest Virtual Landmarks Challenge’ dashboard / account
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app
- Follow the prompts to connect your account
- When you next walk or run, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone (or fitbit device/ smart watch)
- Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
When using Fitbit, you must ‘start’ an activity and save it. Your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
When using MapMyFitness, you must ‘start’ your workout, ‘stop’ your workout and then ‘SAVE’ your workout.
Your tally will be updated each day with the previous day’s distances.